Unigo and WSJ On Campus would like to invite anyone interested in the college admissions process to an “exclusive, live and interactive” webcast—Inside the Admissions Office, tonight at 7 p.m. EST. Cosponsored by the Independent Educational Consultants Association (IECA), the webcast will feature heads of admission from Bryn Mawr, Grinnell, Marquette, Princeton, the University of Pennsylvania, UVM, Wesleyan, and Williams, who promise to draw back the curtains on the college admissions process and reveal what students need to know to get into top-choice schools.
Inside the Admissions Office, broadcast at http://wsj.unigo.com/, will be moderated by Jordan Goldman, founder and CEO of Unigo. Topics will include:
- What a dean of admissions looks for when reviewing a college application
- The importance of grades, test scores, interviews, essays and more
- How applicants can overcome their weaknesses and make the most of their strengths to make applications stand out
- The role parents should play in the process
- The people behind the titles
If you have questions you’d like answered by the deans of admissions, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your question is selected you could win an iPod Nano (see official rules).
Following the event, IECA will be posting the podcast on their website (http://www.iecaonline.com/), so those who cannot watch live will be able to see the entire broadcast. Again, the webcast will take place tonight at 7 p.m. EST (4 p.m. PST) at http://www.unigo.com/wsj/.